People don’t seem to realize that the kitchen is one of the most used rooms in every household. It is usually attached to the back entrance of your house meaning people are constantly coming and going through it. It is where children do homework, pets are fed, parents bake for charity functions,couples spend romantic evenings cooking a candle light dinner, and families come together to discuss their daily transactions. No wonder it is one of the most sought after home improvement
areas. Kitchen remodeling
doesn’t have to be expensive. It doesn’t matter if you live in Schaumburg
, Arlington Heights
or another surrounding Chicago
-land area; P&L Construction is here to help with some economical updates that will pack a bang for your buck.
- Add a butcher-block top. For an additional permanent workspace, replace the small countertop area between your range and refrigerator with a butcher-block top. You’ll make this often overlooked area much more functional. The most convenient place to install one is right next to the stove and for such a small space; the butcher block will be fairly inexpensive.
- Install a backsplash. There’s nothing like a new backsplash to brighten up a tired space. It doesn’t have to be expensive, either. The cost will vary depending on your choice of material. If you have your heart set on an expensive tile why not mix in some more cost efficient solid colors to create different patterns.
- Painting: Updating the color of your kitchen can change the feel completely. Use bright colors to open the space up or darker ones to make it feel cozier. For ideas and samples call and speak to one of our skilled painting contractors.
- Swap out your kitchen cabinet hardware. Changing out your cabinet hardware can help update the look. Call 847-361-6306 to speak with a skilled kitchen remodeler for help getting started. Not only can refurnishing the cabinets bring a more contemporary look to your kitchen, adding additional cabinets will give your kitchen a more open and organized feel. Working with the cabinets you already have will save money, talk to one of our experts today for more kitchen remodeling ideas.
- Build an island. This is a more costly endeavor than the other choices but is a way to completely change the look of your kitchen without having to remodel. This also gives you more work and storage space in your kitchen. Contact your Illinois general contractor in order to discuss your various island-options. The size, materials, appliances and fixtures will all determine the overall cost.
Renovating your kitchen doesn’t have to cost a fortune, in fact several kitchen remodeling
projects do not. P&L Construction is a company of general contractors
and remodel contractors
located in Chicago
that can assist you in remodeling, renovation, redecorating
and almost anything else you may need to successfully alter your home or business. We service the many Illinois
areas of Chicagoland, including Cook County, Lake County, and Dupage County. Contact us
at 847-361-6306 to receive a free remodeling quote.